Procedure for filling form
- Physical submission mode
- e-Sign option
- Digital Signature based
PAN cards are essential for the Income Tax Department to identify taxpayers. As such, each earning citizen of India is required to have a PAN card for correspondence, TDS / TCS credits, specified transactions, returns of wealth / FBT / gift / income, tax payments, etc.
In case you have never made an application for a PAN card before, following are the procedures through which you can apply for and avail the same.
Form 49A must be filled in by Indian citizens who are located within or outside the country, while Form 49AA must be used by NRIs.
PAN Card Forms with Free Downloadable Links:
|S No||Forms||Description||Download Pan Card PDF Form|
||Download Pan Card form 49A|
||Download Pan Card form 49AA|
Procedure for Filling Online PAN Card Application Form 49A / Form 49AA
There are four options for filling PAN card application online:
- Physical form submission along with documents
- e-Sign option
- Digital Signature based
1. For Physical submission mode
In this method, after the online data entry, the applicant will have to print out the form, attach photos and send the application along with required documents. Given below is the process involved:
Step-1 Choose the category of the individual applying for a PAN card
Step-2 Complete the form with all the required details and cross-check to verify that the information provided is accurate before proceeding to pay.
Step-3 Make the payment online and you will receive a duly filled Form 49A / Form 49AA along with the payment receipt in your email.
Step-4 Get a print out of the form and affix two passport-sized photographs to it.
Step-5 Sign the form and attach the supporting documents as required
Step-6 Send it to NDSL at Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NDSL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No.341, Survey No.997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
In this method, the applicant’s Aadhaar details will be taken for the PAN card application. The PAN card will be sent to the residential address that has been given in the Aadhaar card. It is not necessary to send a PAN application along with documents to NSDL.
3. e-Sign option
In this method, one has to upload required documents and scanned photo while completing the application form. Attested documents will have to be submitted physically to NSDL.
4.Digital Signature based
In this method, one has to upload documents and images and then send the attested supporting documents to NSDL.
Tips to Fill PAN Card Application Form (Form 49A /Form 49AA)
Given below in the table are the do’s and don’ts you will have to follow while filling up the Form 49A/Form49AA while applying for your PAN Card:
|All your details must be written in capital letters||Overwrite anything. Get a new form if you make a mistake|
|Use only black ink||If you already have a PAN Card, do not apply for another one again|
|Make sure all the details entered by you are correct||Staple or pin any of your important documents or photocopies|
|Sign inside the box given|
|Attach the photocopy in the size 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm only|
Documents Required for PAN
Individuals and Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs)
- Proof of address
- Proof of Identity – Voter ID, Driving License, Passport, Aadhaar, etc
For other categories
- A copy of the registration certificate of the company
Steps to Download PAN Card Online
- Visit the link https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/MPanLogin.html if you wish to download your PAN through NSDL website.
- Enter the Acknowledgement Number followed by the security code, and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will get the option of downloading your PAN in the pdf format. You can take a print out of the ePAN or save a copy of it in your smart phone.
- If you wish to download your ePAN through UTIITSL then click on the link https://www.myutiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/ePANCard.
- Enter your PAN number followed by date of birth. You can also enter the date of Incorporation / Agreement / Partnership or Trust Deed / Formation of Body of Individuals / Association of Persons if you are downloading on the behalf of a firm or an organisation.
- Enter the security code and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will then get the pdf link of your ePaN clicking on which allows you to download it in the pdf format.